Faux Siding Installation Instructions:
Storage of Panels:
- Tritan BP Siding should be climatized for 24 hours prior to installation. If the siding panels have been stored in a cool climate or a t room temperature, they can be installed immediately.
- Siding panels should be stored flat to prevent bowing. If in the unlikely event bowing occurs, place the panels flat and they will self-correct
Installing Faux Siding:
- The top of the panel has a protruding lip that will fit behind the panel that is being stacked on top.
- Due to the panels being highly textured, it is recommended that all measurements be marked and cut on the flat backside o the panel.
- Tritan BP Siding panels interlock at each end and along the top/bottom. This helps to provide a virtually seamless look. In many cases, the first panel must have one side of the "fingers" trimmed off to create a straight edge.
- Panels should be installed onto a clean flat dry surface.
- The faux siding should be installed from the bottom corner in a straight line. Each panel should be pressed firmly and tightly against one another for best results. It is very important that the first role of panels be installed level and straight for best outcomes. Always install the panels in full rows working your way up. The horizontal row must be installed before going vertically up. If the floor is not perfectly straight, the bottom of the panel may need to be slightly trimmed to ensure a straight and level installation.
- When installing the siding, we recommend staggering the first panel. As shown below.
- Apply a generous amount of construction adhesive to each panel. We recommend PL Premium or Enterfoam as the adhesive of choice. Press the panel firmly onto the mounting surface and screw or nail the panel into place.
- We recommend using TapCon Screws if installing onto concrete block.
- Screw / Nails should be installed along the tongue along with other unnoticeable places. If you need to further conceal a hole, simply apply a little wood filler to the screw hole and once dry, apply a little touch up stain.
- Once the first panel is in place, repeat the processes above ensuring that each panel fits tightly and straight against one another.
- Panels can be mitered on a table saw, we recommend using a blade with 80 teeth or greater when using a circular saw to but the panels.
- Accessories such as, ledge trims, inside and outside corners, outlet covers and more, make for an easy installation.
- Approximate adhesive needed - 4 Panels = 1 Tube of PL Premium | 100 Panels = 1 Tube of Enerfoam
Touch Up Instructions:
- If needed, fill screw/nail holes, miter joints or other openings with wood filler or Bondo. Allow for the wood filler or Bondo to completely dry before moving to the next step.
The color of your panels will determine the number of touch-up bottles you receive in the touch up kit. Some of the paint bottles received may not be needed during your repair.
To achieve a proper color match, ensure that the paint container lids are sealed and shake thoroughly.
Using a brush, apply the appropriate touch-up paint to the area of the panel needed to be touched up. Let it sit for 20 seconds.
After 20 seconds, wipe lightly with a rag until you achieve the desired effect. Allow the paint to completely dry. This is a water-based paint and dry time can differ based on temperature and air flow.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Do not apply over existing paint, only area that needs to be touched up as this can cause the area to darken.
- Make sure your brush is clean and dry when switching between different paints to avoid contamination.
Now, sit back, relax and enjoy your creation!